Information for Parents
Parents can play an important role in their child’s dance education by supporting and respecting the dance teachers professional background. All teachers in the ISB Dance Program are working hard together to install the love of dance in your child. At the same time, dance is a very disciplined art form that takes years of study and hard work to perfect. Both aspects are combined in this program to provide a well- rounded dance program for your children. In order for our program to run smoothly and successfully, we will need your support and assistance, especially toward the end of the school year for our year end performance. Please ask if you have questions.
- Please carefully review these guidelines with your child at home.
- Please ensure Dancers arrive no more than 5 minutes early for class. No Childcare is provided and this is adequate time to make final clothing and hair adjustments and begin warming up.
- Please pick up children promptly after class.
- For the benefit of your child, we do not allow spectators in the classroom on an ongoing basis. Parent Viewing Week will be held In the first semester. We would appreciate you leaving younger siblings at home if possible.
- Attendance is important. Dance requires learning physical skills that can only be learned in class. A Dancer missing 3 lessons in the 2nd Semester will be excluded from performing.
- Please note that attendance at Rehearsals and Performances is required. Students will not perform if they miss technical or dress rehearsals without a valid excuse (i.e. Illness), and will be excluded from rejoining the program.
- Practice at home is encouraged to improve memory and skill development.