Discipline Policy and Student Guidelines for behavior and etiquette
ISB DANCE requires that students follow the guidelines for behavior and etiquette during dance classes. These guidelines support safety in the classroom and ensure the best learning environment for the young dancer. Dance guidelines are universal and once adhered to will support the students ability to learn and grow quickly in the art of dance. These guidelines make traveling from one country to another, one dance studio to the next, much simpler since all dance studios ask the same from their dancers.
- Students must wear proper clothing and footwear for the classes. Hair should be properly secured throughout class. (Please see the section Class Attire)
- No Gum or Candy should be consumed in the Dance Room.
- Students should enter the room quietly and respectfully about 5 minutes prior to the scheduled class time to begin warming up. No running around the dance-room unless directed by the teacher.
- Students listen carefully to the dance teacher for instruction and direction.
- Participate in the dance class to the best of ones ability.
- If injured, describes the injury to the teacher and follows the teachers advice.
- At all times shows respect for the dance teacher and for fellow students.
For your health and safety:
- No jewelry, please.
- No hanging or playing around on the dance barres.
- No sitting or lounging around while waiting for your turn to dance across the floor.
- No touching the dance mirrors.
- Please speak up if you have a question.
If student is being disruptive to the teacher or to the class, he or she may be asked to sit out and watch until he/she is ready to return to the class. If necessary student and parents will be asked to meet with Mrs. Helen Weir to discuss further disciplinary actions