2022/2023 Course Offerings
PE and Health
The Physical Education and Health student at the International School of Bangkok will be physically and health literate, having the knowledge, courage and ability to make a difference for themselves and others to lead a healthy active lifestyle in an ever-changing global society.
As part of our mission statement at the International School of Bangkok, we want our students to, “lead healthy, active, balanced lives”.
Physical Education at ISB aims to develop our mission statement and develop physically literate students who understand/ demonstrate:
- That individuals and groups consistently develop the motivation and ability to communicate, apply, and analyze different forms of movement.
- That the personal choices they make related to their physical well-being will affect their quality of life.
- The intrinsic rewards of being active.
- An appreciation of the artistic, creative, strategic and competitive aspects of physical activity.
- The ability to set appropriate goals and persevere in attaining them.
HEALTH AND WELLBEING EDUCATION
Health and wellbeing education makes a significant contribution to the social, emotional, physical and cognitive (learning potential) development of our students. The goal of ISB’s health and wellbeing program is to develop individual values, attitudes, competencies and beliefs that will empower students to commit to their own and others’ health and wellbeing throughout their lifetime. Students are provided with opportunities to acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.