2017-2018 Global Citizenship Week
Global Citizenship Week (GCW) is a required week-long program for high school students. The program involves out of the classroom learning experiences focused on global issues and/or service learning. They may take place in Thailand or in other countries in the world.
For more information, please consult the GCW Program of Studies which you can find at this link.
For a very basic overview, GCW trips are classified as Service or Culturally oriented Trips. These also fall into three main categories of GCW courses with an additional category in career exploration:
- Category 1 – In Thailand (Service & Cultural)
- Category 2 – In Asia but outside Thailand (Service & Cultural)
- Category 3 – Outside Asia (Cultural Only)
- Career Exploration
By the completion of a student’s second GCW trip, one of these must have been a service oriented trip and there are rules about which category trip students can chose. Service hours are not offered on trips, however students can still use GCW as an avenue for CAS reflections.
Registration and Selection Process
GCW Registration happens online at the link below and at the times stated below. In order to register, you need to be logged into your ISB school email account. Log out of all other google accounts.
GCW ONLINE REGISTRATION LINK
For any student experiencing technical difficulties, please email Mr. Vaughan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with name, student ID, Grade, and top 5 course preferences. The time of the sent email will be used to determine final course selection (So long as the email is sent two minutes after the opening time)
All selections will be online
- First Priority – Grade 12 will select on September 25 – 26.
- Second Priority – Grade 11 will select on September 28 – 29.
- Third priority – Grade 10 will select on October 2 – 3.
- Fourth Priority – Grade 9 will select on October 4 – 5.
- Fifth Priority – Students without registration assigned October 9-10.
First Priority Selection: Grade 12
- Monday, September 25, Online registration window opens 7:00 pm.
- Tuesday, September 26, Online registration window closes 12:00 pm.
Second Priority Selection: Grade 11
- Thursday, September 28, Online registration window opens 7:00 pm.
- Friday, September 29, Online registration window closes 12:00 pm.
Third Priority Selection: Grade 10
- Monday, October 2, Online registration window opens 7:00 pm.
- Tuesday, October 3, Online registration window closes 12:00 pm.
Fourth Priority: Grade 9
- Wednesday, October 4, Online registration window opens 7:00 pm.
- Thursday, October 5, Online registration window closes 12:00 pm.
Fifth Priority: Students without registration assigned
- October 9-10, any student who has not selected a course will be assigned to available courses.
GCW Available Seats 2017-2018