Work at ISB
Thank you for your interest in working at International School Bangkok (ISB). Our mission is to provide outstanding teaching in a nurturing environment means that, in addition to hiring outstanding educators, ISB is committed to student safeguarding. All applicants are required to provide accurate and detailed information about their employment history, including any aspects of their past or profile that could affect the reputation of ISB or the wellbeing of our community. ISB conducts background checks on all successful candidates.
International School Bangkok is Thailand’s premier International School serving over 1770 students from 60 countries in grades Pre-K to 12. We follow a North American style, standards-based curriculum enriched by international best practices with a student-centered approach to instruction. Students benefit from outstanding teachers, a challenging academic program, small class sizes, state-of-the-art technology and facilities, and a wide choice of extra-curricular activities. Teachers work collaboratively at all levels to continuously evaluate and improve student learning. Our international staff comes from over 20 countries.
Teaching or Administrative Positions
To apply for current teaching or administrative positions, click here.
We are currently seeking qualified, self-motivated Thai nationals for the vacancies below. Successful applicants must have the ability to work independently in a multicultural setting, with a good command of both spoken and written English.
If you would like to be considered for a staff position at our school please e-mail your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume and an application letter to the ISB Human Resources Office.
Human Resources Department
International School Bangkok
39/7 Soi Nichada Thani,
Samakee Road, Pakkret,
Position Title: Transportation Assistant
Reports To: Headmistress and Transportation Supervisor
Reporting to the Headmistress and the Transportation Supervisor. The Transportation Assistant will be support in overseeing all matters related to student, staff and faculty transportation needs for the purpose of getting to and from International School Bangkok.
The Transportation assistant’s responsibilities shall include but will not be limited to:
- Work hours 8:30am – 5:30pm (flexible)
- Support the Transportation Supervisor in all areas where needed
- Cover duties of Supervisor when absent
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Drive afternoon Nichada student route (2:15-4:00) when driver is not available
- Available for local area short run transportation requests
- Oversee all vehicle fleet maintenance
- Manage and assign all internal teacher/admin requests
- Assist supervisor with answering transportation calls and emails
- Assist with processing transportation invoicing and payment requests
- Keep daily record of the late buses used
- Prepare Purchasing Requisition (P/R), JDE Application.
- Maintain staff drivers’ license database
- Handle stationary and office supply for department.
- Confirm valid drivers status for all users requesting school vehicle
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Some vehicle maintenance experience (preferred)
- Skilled in computer operations and use of Microsoft Office program
- High Vocational Diploma up to Bachelor Degree in any field
- Be able to drive car and van
- Have a valid Thai driver license and clean record.
- At least 2 years work experience
ตำแหน่ง : ช่างเครื่องปรับอากาศ
สถานที่: ฝ่ายอาคารและสถานที่ (Buildings & Grounds)
เวลาการทำงาน: จันทร์ – ศุกร์ 8.00 น. – 17.00 น. และ เสาร์ 8.00 น. – 17.00 น.
- งานบริการซ่อมบำรุง, ซ่อมแซม, ติดตั้ง, บำรุงรักษาระบบปรับอากาศ, ขนาดเล็ก, ขนาดใหญ่ (Chiller), ระบบระบายอากาศ, ระบบตู้แช่เย็น, ระบบทำความเย็นตู้น้ำดื่ม, ระบบม่านอากาศ, ให้อยู่ในสภาพที่ใช้งาน และ ปลอดภัย
- รับผิดชอบการจัดเตรียมแผนบำรุงรักษาเชิงป้องกัน, ดำเนินการบำรุงรักษาเชิงป้องกัน
- ดูแลรักษาเครื่องมือ และ อุปกรณ์ในการทำงานให้อยู่ในสภาพสมบูรณ์พร้อมใช้งาน
- ช่วยเหลืองานด้านอื่นๆ ตามที่ได้รับมอบหมาย
- ชาย อายุระหว่าง 25-35 ปี
- จบการศึกษาระดับปริญญาตรีวิศวกรรมศาสตร์สาขาเครื่องปรับอากาศ, ปวส หรือ ประกาศนียบัตรวิชาชีพ ด้านไฟฟ้า, เครื่องปรับอากาศ, เครื่องกล หรือ เทียบเท่า
- มีประสบการณ์อย่างน้อย 3-5 ปี ในงานด้านเครื่องปรับอากาศ
- มีประสบการณ์ด้านระบบปรับอากาศขนาดใหญ่ (Chiller) (จะพิจารณาเป็นพิเศษ)
- สามารถติดตั้ง หรือ ล้างซ่อมแอร์
- ขยันและซื่อสัตย์ในการทำงาน และ เข้ากับเพื่อนร่วมงานได้ดี
- สามารถอ่าน,พูด และ เขียน หรือ เข้าใจภาษาอังกฤษพอใช้ (จะพิจารณาเป็นพิเศษ)
- สามารถใช้งานคอมพิวเตอร์ และ ซอฟเวอร์ Microsoft office ได้ดี
- พร้อมให้ความร่วมมือในการทำงานล่วงเวลา เมื่อมีความจำเป็น
Enriching communities through the intellectual, humanitarian and creative thoughts and actions of our learners
Through outstanding teaching in a nurturing environment, ISB inspires students to
- Achieve their academic and personal potential
- Be passionate, reflective learners
- Become caring, global citizens
- Lead healthy, active, balanced lives
ISB Definition of Learning
Learning is the primary focus of our school and we recognize learning as a lifelong adventure. ISB values meaningful and transferable learning where we construct understanding by developing and applying knowledge, skills and attitudes. As learners, we develop and show our understanding when we:
- Apply our learning to new situations
- Inquire to extend our learning
- Create solutions
- Communicate our learning effectively
- Make connections across our learning
- Reflect critically on our learning
Founded in 1951, ISB was the first international school in the Kingdom of Thailand. The school initially opened on the grounds of the US Embassy with 35 students, but with increasing enrollment moved to different campuses in the Bangkok area. Enrollment reached 3,650 students during the Vietnam War. In 1992, ISB moved to its present 35 acre purpose-built campus, 25 km from the center of Bangkok. 1,700 students are currently enrolled in the Elementary, Middle, and High schools.
ISB is proudly international in its student body, enrolling students from more than sixty countries. Students from the United States account for the highest percentage of enrollment, with students from Thailand , Japan, and Korea forming other major nationality groups. English is a second or third language for more than half of the students.
ISB provides a university preparatory program with English as the language of instruction. Graduates earn a U.S. high school diploma and most students elect to pursue the International Baccalaureate Diploma program.
Our school is part of the Next Frontier Inclusion network of schools. This signifies our unwavering commitment to develop our capacity to support more diverse learning needs. Therefore, we are seeking educators that not only embrace inclusion as a concept but successfully adjust their teaching to meet the needs of all learners. This includes students who need a higher level of challenge as well as those who require more support or a different approach to their learning.
Child Safeguarding / Culture of Care
Safeguarding is a priority at ISB. Our Student Safeguarding Policy outlines the measures we take to create a safe and nurturing environment for all of the children we come into contact with in our work, as well as the procedures we use to ensure that we fulfill our professional and ethical obligation to identify children who are in need of help and protection and to take appropriate action to ensure their wellbeing. All employees and associates are required to adhere to a Code of Conduct that contains expectations about their relationships with children, social media use, and the use of children’s photographs and identifying information.
Additionally, ISB recognizes that every person deserves to be treated with respect and care. To this end, our Culture of Care, Learner Attributes, and ISB Values underscore all of our interactions. We have worked hard to establish a positive, safe environment for learning and working and seek educators who embody these principles and values.
The Pre-K to 12 faculty consists of over 200 educators including librarians, counselors, psychologists, learning coaches and special education teachers. Each of the school’s three divisions has a principal and one or more assistant principals. There is also a Head of School, a Deputy Head of Learning, and a Deputy Head of School/Chief Financial Officer.
Job Description – Gymnastics Programme Coordinator
ISB offers multiple opportunities for students through extra-curricular activities that are organized through the Community Arts Office. The Gymnastics Program Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and managing the large after school Gymnastics program at International School Bangkok.
The Gymnastics Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Community Sports Manager, who manages the community athletics events and programs administered through the Community Arts Office. The Gymnastics Coordinator will liaise with parents and students. the ISB coaching team (and work closely with the Head Coach), the Thai Gymnastics Federation, The Australian Gymnastics Federation, other gymnastics coordinators and gymnastics coaches from BISAC schools in Bangkok.
Preferred Qualities and Experience Sought
- Have strong organizational skills and the ability to think and lead independently
- Be culturally aware and globally minded
- Be positive, proactive, reliable and collaborative
- Be proficient in written English and possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates with gymnastics experience and/or gymnastics coaching qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and advertise the schedule each semester
- Manage the ISB coaching team in collaboration with the Head Coach
- Assist with Information, Registration and Payment of the programme, including summer and holiday programmes (includes CAO registration day open house, and meetings for new families).
- Work with the coaches to develop and stay up to date with WAG and MAG requirements as well as development of the programme for younger gymnasts to include tumbling, body awareness and other associated gymnastics skills that offer depth and breadth.
- Monitor classes to ensure quality of instruction and learning including quality coaching, discipline and safety of students is in-line with ISB mission, vision and policy.
- Ensure that all coaching staff hold current child safeguarding, first-aid and coaching qualifications. Arrange for updates as well as addition professional development, including English lessons, during summer breaks or quiet times.
- Communicate gymnastics news and upcoming events to the ISB community
- Be present at ISB for some Gymnastics club practices, and all events and meets.
- Work with the volunteer parents gymnastics committee to garner support from the community for meet management
- Administer all ISB policies regarding participation, safety, facilities, staffing, etc.
- Administer feedback surveys for parents/participants at the end of each season.
- Collate survey data and share results to inform program coordinators, Athletic Department.
- Work with Gymnova to ensure safety and maintenance of the gym and gymnastics equipment.
- Organize, advertise and manage gymnastics meets at ISB – highlights are In-house meet and Black and Gold Competition for local and international schools. Liaise with all other clubs involved. Manage and coordinate the meet in close collaboration with the Head Coach.
- Work with ISB Community IT support to use Beyond the Score for all meets, both in-house as well as entries for other events ISB students are entered into.
- Liaise with other BISAC schools to build a local program of competition and collaboration
- Arrange and budget for participation in meets hosted by others schools or clubs – both in Bangkok and abroad.
- Work closely with Head Coach on programming, staffing, competitions, levelling of gymnasts to provide maximum opportunities for gymnasts.
- Build and maintain a self-sustaining budget for the gymnastics team
- Manage salaries and hours of all gymnastics staff
- Manage the fee structure, payment and registration for classes.
- Manage the budget for all meets including hiring of judges, and purchase of merchandise such as uniform, t-shirts, bags, trophies, ribbons and other costs associated with hosting a meet.
- Manage finances associated with travel or entry to meets hosted at other schools / gyms.
The position requires on average 15 -25 hours per week, though this usually increases during peak season (registration periods or hosting competitions). Working hours are flexible, but usually afternoons are key periods when the coordinator can meet with the coaches and view some classes.
35,000 – 55,000 Baht per month paid for 10 months (10 August – 10 June)
Procedure for Filing Application
Please send a cover letter and CV outlining relevant experience to Anthony Giles, Director of Arts and Activities at International School Bangkok
If you are qualified and interested in this position please e-mail Kwankamol Thongkam
Job Title: Elementary Instructional Assistant
Department: Elementary School
Report To: Teacher
Working Hours: Monday – Friday ( 7.00 – 3.00 with one-hour lunch, or 7:00-2:30 with 30 minute lunch)
Under the direction of the teacher:
- assist in the creation of a safe, inclusive, and nurturing learning environment for all students.
- support differentiated learning of students in various settings.
- implement positive classroom management.
- assist in collecting and organizing student learning data.
- assist in the creation and preparation of learning activities.
Seek professional growth through reading, in-service learning opportunities, and seeking consultation when needed.
Attend and participate in required meetings and trainings.
Perform duties as assigned, such as recess duty.
Comply with ISB policies, procedures and guidelines for professional conduct, including the Student Safeguarding policy and procedures and ISB Code of Conduct and the ISB Confidentiality Policy.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with elementary aged children
- Experience working with students needing learning support and English language learning
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Effective communicator
- Collaborative team member
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work proactively with initiative
- Computer literate
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Willing to assist children with their daily personal needs
- Able to supervise children on playground and in classroom
- Must be physically active to be able to support student learning in physical education
- Committed to own learning
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ethical and professional