Work at ISB
Thank you for your interest in working at International School Bangkok (ISB). Our mission is to provide outstanding teaching in a nurturing environment means that, in addition to hiring outstanding educators, ISB is committed to student safeguarding. All applicants are required to provide accurate and detailed information about their employment history, including any aspects of their past or profile that could affect the reputation of ISB or the wellbeing of our community. ISB conducts background checks on all successful candidates.
International School Bangkok is Thailand’s premier International School serving over 1770 students from 60 countries in grades Pre-K to 12. We follow a North American style, standards-based curriculum enriched by international best practices with a student-centered approach to instruction. Students benefit from outstanding teachers, a challenging academic program, small class sizes, state-of-the-art technology and facilities, and a wide choice of extra-curricular activities. Teachers work collaboratively at all levels to continuously evaluate and improve student learning. Our international staff comes from over 20 countries.
Teaching or Administrative Positions
To apply for current teaching or administrative positions, click here.
We are currently seeking qualified, self-motivated Thai nationals for the vacancies below. Successful applicants must have the ability to work independently in a multicultural setting, with a good command of both spoken and written English.
If you would like to be considered for a staff position at our school please e-mail your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume and an application letter to the ISB Human Resources Office.
Human Resources Department
International School Bangkok
39/7 Soi Nichada Thani,
Samakee Road, Pakkret,
Position Title: Technical Theatre Specialist
Location: Chevron Theatre, Cultural Center Theatre, and Multi-Purpose Spaces
Supervision: Theatre Manager/Director of Arts and Activities
Working hours: Monday-Friday (8:00am -5:00pm), Flexibility required – able to work occasional early mornings, evenings and some Saturdays
Scope of Service:
The Technical Theater Specialist should have a passion for the Performing Arts and an extensive professional background with stage lighting and sound design, as well as a university-level technical theatre education. Computer networking knowledge related to theatre production is required along with strong organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills. The successful TTS must also demonstrate initiative, be self-managing, and the ability to work with people. Professional expectations include honesty, humour, commitment and reliability. He/she should have an excellent command of both English and Thai.
The Technical Theater Specialist will liaise with the Theatre Manager, Director of Arts and Activities, theatre staff, teachers, students and members of school community. He/she will be responsible for rehearsal schedules, routine and specific theatre equipment maintenance and inventory, theatre storage area management, and any other tasks required in the successful management of our theatre and multi-purpose spaces.
- Excellent command of both English and Thai.
- Extensive Knowledge of Stage Lighting and Sound Reinforcement.
- Strong Knowledge of Lighting & Sound Networking.
- Strong Knowledge of DSP Programming.
- Computer Skills in Google Suite, Word, Excel, and CAD Drawing,
- Professional Theater Background and/or University Education.
- Good Interpersonal, Organization, and Communication Skills.
- Creative, Collaborative, and Adaptable.
- Punctual and Committed.
- Self-Confident and Caring.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with K-12 Performing Art Teachers regarding lighting & sound design, produce artistic designs in response to the production needs, hang and focus lighting, set-up appropriate to purpose sound reinforcement and lead a tech team as required.
- Help organize and set lighting and sound equipment for all theatre productions and presentations.
- Design, set-up, and operate specialized sound/lighting equipment both in-school and for extra-curricular public presentations, performances and events in various area (e.g. Gyms, Café Pit, ES MPR, MPB, CC Theatre, dance & drama, music and choir classroom, CC MPR, Soccer field and New sport complex.
- To configure and running on the DSP units in MPB & Sport Complex
- To liaise, in the absence of the Theatre Manager, between the faculty and student Sound and Lighting crews.
- To supervise and help train, the student Sound & Lighting crews for productions.
- To help monitor and maintain all theatre equipment.
- To advise and assist the Theatre Manager in the development and management of yearly budgets and theatre support improvements.
- To manage the FMX booking for MPB Rooms
- To help load in the concert, dance and production sets, setup and operate rigging.
- To setup, configure, monitor, and running the computer network related production equipment.
- To analyze, monitor and work closely with stage lighting, sound system and projection system preventive maintenance company.
- Develop/design & modify as necessary lighting & sound equipment to fit production needs
- Manage the events announcement on electronic signage for MPB and Theaters
- To carry out other duties as assigned by the Theater Manager.
Position Title: Transportation Assistant
Reports To: Headmistress and Transportation Supervisor
Reporting to the Headmistress and the Transportation Supervisor. The Transportation Assistant will be support in overseeing all matters related to student, staff and faculty transportation needs for the purpose of getting to and from International School Bangkok.
The Transportation assistant’s responsibilities shall include but will not be limited to:
- Work hours 8:30am – 5:30pm (flexible)
- Support the Transportation Supervisor in all areas where needed
- Cover duties of Supervisor when absent
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Drive afternoon Nichada student route (2:15-4:00) when driver is not available
- Available for local area short run transportation requests
- Oversee all vehicle fleet maintenance
- Manage and assign all internal teacher/admin requests
- Assist supervisor with answering transportation calls and emails
- Assist with processing transportation invoicing and payment requests
- Keep daily record of the late buses used
- Prepare Purchasing Requisition (P/R), JDE Application.
- Maintain staff drivers’ license database
- Handle stationary and office supply for department.
- Confirm valid drivers status for all users requesting school vehicle
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Some vehicle maintenance experience (preferred)
- Skilled in computer operations and use of Microsoft Office program
- High Vocational Diploma up to Bachelor Degree in any field
- Be able to drive car and van
- Have a valid Thai driver license and clean record.
- At least 2 years work experience
ตำแหน่ง : ช่างเครื่องปรับอากาศ
สถานที่: ฝ่ายอาคารและสถานที่ (Buildings & Grounds)
เวลาการทำงาน: จันทร์ – ศุกร์ 8.00 น. – 17.00 น. และ เสาร์ 8.00 น. – 17.00 น.
- งานบริการซ่อมบำรุง, ซ่อมแซม, ติดตั้ง, บำรุงรักษาระบบปรับอากาศ, ขนาดเล็ก, ขนาดใหญ่ (Chiller), ระบบระบายอากาศ, ระบบตู้แช่เย็น, ระบบทำความเย็นตู้น้ำดื่ม, ระบบม่านอากาศ, ให้อยู่ในสภาพที่ใช้งาน และ ปลอดภัย
- รับผิดชอบการจัดเตรียมแผนบำรุงรักษาเชิงป้องกัน, ดำเนินการบำรุงรักษาเชิงป้องกัน
- ดูแลรักษาเครื่องมือ และ อุปกรณ์ในการทำงานให้อยู่ในสภาพสมบูรณ์พร้อมใช้งาน
- ช่วยเหลืองานด้านอื่นๆ ตามที่ได้รับมอบหมาย
- ชาย อายุระหว่าง 25-35 ปี
- จบการศึกษาระดับปริญญาตรีวิศวกรรมศาสตร์สาขาเครื่องปรับอากาศ, ปวส หรือ ประกาศนียบัตรวิชาชีพ ด้านไฟฟ้า, เครื่องปรับอากาศ, เครื่องกล หรือ เทียบเท่า
- มีประสบการณ์อย่างน้อย 3-5 ปี ในงานด้านเครื่องปรับอากาศ
- มีประสบการณ์ด้านระบบปรับอากาศขนาดใหญ่ (Chiller) (จะพิจารณาเป็นพิเศษ)
- สามารถติดตั้ง หรือ ล้างซ่อมแอร์
- ขยันและซื่อสัตย์ในการทำงาน และ เข้ากับเพื่อนร่วมงานได้ดี
- สามารถอ่าน,พูด และ เขียน หรือ เข้าใจภาษาอังกฤษพอใช้ (จะพิจารณาเป็นพิเศษ)
- สามารถใช้งานคอมพิวเตอร์ และ ซอฟเวอร์ Microsoft office ได้ดี
- พร้อมให้ความร่วมมือในการทำงานล่วงเวลา เมื่อมีความจำเป็น
If you are qualified and interested in this position please e-mail Apinya Ginoza.
Department: Elementary School
Report To: Teacher
Working Hours: Monday – Friday (7,00 -3.00 with one-hour lunch, or 7:00-2:30 with 30 minute lunch)
Under the direction of the teacher:
- assist in the creation of a safe, inclusive, and nurturing learning environment for all students.
- support differentiated learning of students in various settings.
- implement positive classroom management.
- assist in collecting and organizing student learning data.
- assist in the creation and preparation of learning activities.
Seek professional growth through reading, in-service learning opportunities, and seeking consultation when needed.
Attend and participate in required meetings and trainings.
Perform duties as assigned, such as recess duty.
Comply with ISB policies, procedures and guidelines for professional conduct, including the Student Safeguarding policy and procedures and ISB Code of Conduct and the ISB Confidentiality Policy.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with elementary aged children (early childhood experience desireable)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Effective communicator
- Collaborative team member
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work proactively with initiative
- Computer literate
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Willing to assist children with their daily personal needs
- Able to supervise children on playground and in classroom
- Must be physically active to be able to support student learning in physical education
- Committed to own learning
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ethical and professional
If you are qualified and interested in this position please e-mail Apinya Ginoza.
Department: Health Centre
Report To: Head Nurse
Working Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 08.00-17.00 (Working hours are flexible based on the need of the school events.)
- Thai professional nursing registration.
- Graduation from a professional nursing college with a four year degree.
- A minimum of five years experience post-graduation, in both inpatient and outpatient medical settings with experience of working with western foreigners.
- Current license with the Thai Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification (at all times employed).
- Ability to contribute to nursing and medical education meetings.
- Able to demonstrated proficiency in Thai and English including proper medical terminology.
- Current nursing knowledge in outpatient care, preventive medicine, minor trauma, basic emergency care, and triage particularly of the pediatric patient.
- Experience and knowledge of the treatment of childhood allergy, insulin dependent diabetes, and asthma.
- Preferable Health and Safety and Safeguarding experience and evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Expected to perform difficult medical and administrative duties with minimum supervision in the absence of the Head Nurse.
- Maintain a professional relationship with a Pediatrician and/or family doctor for professional support when medical questions arise.
- Work closely with and be responsible to the members of the leadership committee as appropriate to the situation on administrative issues.
- Expected to follow standardized professional nursing guidelines.
- Exceptional and sound independent nursing judgment and decision making is required for adequate performance of regular school nursing and administrative duties. Areas include assessment of medical and nursing needs and intervention, and appropriate referral.
- Obtains appropriate parental consent for all medication and procedures provided.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and professionalism.
- Able to work independently and contribute as part of a team.
- Familiar with IT and basic word processing and spreadsheet use.
- Screening of patients with medical problems, initial assessment, triage, medical interventions within scope of practice and referral as necessary.
- Taking medical history, collecting vital signs, making appropriate first aid interventions, administering medication as ordered by physician and requested by parent.
- Offers telephone/email nursing advice and assistance to the school community.
- Monitor communicable diseases among the school population, maintaining minimal exposure of ill persons to healthy persons.
- Be proactive in promoting healthy choices and preventive behavior among the school community.
- Act as a community resource for health and wellness issues, providing information and teaching as needed and requested.
- Review student’s annual Physical Examination Reports and follow up with parents and Medical Practitioners when required.
- Screen student for hearing and vision issues as well as reviewing height and weight.
- Provide emergency care, initiate emergency transportation, and accompany patient to the hospital and/or doctor as appropriate and needed.
- Part of a team offering First Aid/CPR/AED training to classified staff.
- Flexible for attending on overnight school trips and Holidays / Sunday sport events.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.