Thank you for your interest in working at International School Bangkok (ISB). Our mission to provide outstanding teaching in a nurturing environment means that, in addition to hiring outstanding educators, ISB is committed to student safeguarding. All applicants are required to provide accurate and detailed information about their employment history, including any aspects of their past or profile that could affect the reputation of ISB or the wellbeing of our community. ISB conducts background checks on all successful candidates.
International School Bangkok is Thailand’s premier International School serving over 1920 students from 60 countries in grades Pre-K to 12. We follow a North American style, standards-based curriculum enriched by international best practices with a student-centered approach to instruction. Students benefit from outstanding teachers, a challenging academic program, small class sizes, state-of-the-art technology and facilities, and a wide choice of extra-curricular activities. Teachers work collaboratively at all levels to continuously evaluate and improve student learning. Our international staff comes from over 20 countries.
Teaching or Administrative Positions
To apply for current teaching or administrative positions, click here.
Current Contractor Openings
We are currently seeking qualified, self-motivated Thai nationals for the vacancies below. Successful applicants must have the ability to work independently in a multicultural setting, with a good command of both spoken and written English.
If you would like to be considered for a staff position at our school please e-mail your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume and an application letter to the ISB Human Resources Office.
Human Resources Department
International School Bangkok
39/7 Soi Nichada Thani,
Samakee Road, Pakkret,
Current Classified Openings
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL BANGKOK
Job Title : School Nurse
Department : Health Center
Report To : Head Nurse
Working Hours : Monday – Friday (7.00 – 4.00, 8.00 – 5.00 & 1.00 – 8.00)
Saturday on rotation
1. Thai professional nursing registration.
2. Graduation from a professional nursing college with a four year degree.
3. A minimum of five years of experience post-graduation, in both inpatient and outpatient medical setting with substantial experience in working with children and western foreigners.
4. Current licensure as a professional nurse.
5. Current CPR certification (at all times employed)
6. Current in attending nursing and medical education meetings.
7. Able to demonstrated proficiency in Thai and English including proper medical terminology and communication skills with students(age 4-19), parents and other member of community.
8. Current nursing knowledge in outpatient care, preventive medicine, minor trauma, basic emergency care, and triage particularly of the pediatric patient.
9. Sophisticated up-to-date nursing applications in a cross cultural setting.
10. Able to work late evening, weekend and overnight trips on rotation basis with the team.
11. Computer skills, in word, excel etc.
12. Able to work as part of a team in providing healthcare to the school.
1. Is expected to perform difficult medical and administrative duties with minimum of supervision in the absence of the head nurse.
2. Will maintain a professional relationship with a Pediatrician and/or family doctor for professional support when medical questions arise. Will work closely with and be responsible to the members of the leadership committee as appropriate to the situation on administrative issues.
3. Expected to follow standardized professional nursing guidelines.
4. Exceptional and sound independent nursing judgment and decision making is required for adequate performance of regular school nursing and administrative duties. Areas include assessment of medical and nursing needs and intervention, and appropriate referral.
5. Obtains appropriate parental consent for all medications and procedures provided.
6. Maintains strict confidentiality and professionalism.
7. Able to work as a productive, contributing team member.
8. Ongoing medical training including participation as part of a team in emergency drill.
1. Screening of patients with medical problems, initial assessment, triage, medical interventions within scope of practice, referral as necessary.
2. Taking medical history, collecting vital signs, making appropriate first aid interventions, administering medication as ordered by physician and requested by parent.
3. Offers telephone nursing advice and assistance to the school community.
4. Monitor communicable diseases among the school population, maintaining minimal exposure of ill persons to healthy persons.
5. Monitor and maintain high public health standards of water, food, and environmental cleanliness if requested.
6. Be pro-active in promoting healthy choices and preventive behavior among the school community.
7. Act as a community resource for health and wellness issues, providing information and teaching as needed and requested.
8. Provide the appropriate screening on a yearly basis, e.g., vision, hearing, scoliosis, height, weight.
9. Provide emergency care, initiate emergency transportation, and accompany patient to the hospital and/or doctor as appropriate and needed.
10. Able to be a part of medical team in training school staff for Basic Life Support and first aid course.
1. Effective record keeping both on computer and written.
2. Computer skill in generate reports through the computer system (this will be taught in job training).
Job Title: Technical Operation Manager
Department: Buildings & Grounds
Reports To: Facilities Manager (FM)
Placement: Level – J
Scope of Service:
With the ultimate goal to keep the school functioning effectively on a day-to-day basis, to provide a safe, efficient, comfortable and aesthetically pleasing working environment for students, staff and community, the Technical Operation Manager is responsible for the management, operation, maintenance and administration of the school facilities including construction and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Regularly advice FM on areas of weakness, repair needs, safety and make proposal as appropriate.
• Provide routine checks on all school equipment and ensure school equipment is maintained in good and safe working condition at all times. Advise on purchases of new equipment.
• Assist FM in prepare, obtain and review quotations for the maintenance and renovation works.
• Anticipate and take actions in respect of abnormal occurrences as floods, storms, major electrical, plumbing or construction faults.
To lead, coach, organize, supervise, nurture and evaluate the maintenance teams (Carpenter, Electrical and Air-Conditioning Sections) of Buildings and Grounds Department (B&G).
• Lead, inspire and ensure optimal cooperation within B&G department.
• With the assistance of the team leaders ensure a consistent and efficient working environment of the whole maintenance team of B&G.
• Schedule and supervise work of staff, ensuring proper work routines are established and followed.
• Monitoring the attendance of staff, approves leaves and overtime.
• Evaluating performance of staff.
• Promote and ensure high ethical values and transparency, honesty and integrity of the whole department at all times.
To direct, coordinate and make periodic evaluations of the performance of the external service contractors to ensure the best possible services are provided.
• Ensure the best possible services are provided in respect of field maintenance, plumbing, air-conditioning, mechanical and electrical and other services as required.
• Interview external service contractors and propose changes to FM.
• Coordinate with the IT department (Ed Tech) the IT infrastructural needs and make sure they are carried out by the Ed Tech contractors with the applicable high standards.
Safety, Security and Energy Saving:
To ensure safety of all students, staffs and guests at all times.
• Liaise with Security Manager regarding all of those aspects affecting safety and security.
• Together with the Security Manager, ensure all the building codes are in order (such as fire escape, fire extinguishers, smoke detector, etc.).
• Together with Security Manager, ensures the buildings and grounds are adequately secured with lighting, fencing, CCTV and alarm systems.
• Participates in Safety, Health and Energy saving meeting.
• Monitor energy use and advises on energy saving measures.
Any other duty assigned by the Facilities Manager from time to time.
• Male or female age between 35-45 years of age.
• Good command of spoken and written Thai and English.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical engineering or Mechanical engineering (Air conditioning) .
• At least 10 years work experience in building and construction or related field.
• Experience in Building Management in a multi-national environment is beneficial.
• Good team player.
• Service minded.
Position Title: ISB Environmental Wilderness Campus (EWC) Facilities Manager
Working Day & Hours: Monday-Saturday from 7:00 – 4:00 p.m.
(or flexible to be adjusted as per the needs of the EWC)
(NOTE: this is a management position where the EWC Facilities Manager lives on-site in Phetchaburi, therefore there is an implicit expectation that working time occasionally extends to before and after hours and on weekends, when circumstances would require it)
Immediate Supervisor: Outdoor Education Director
Job Level: Level – I (50,000 – 70,000 Baht)
Scope of Service:
With the ultimate goal to keep the EWC functioning effectively on a day-to-day basis, to provide a safe, efficient, comfortable and aesthetically pleasing working environment for student, staff and community, the EWC Facilities Manager is responsible for the management, operation, maintenance and administration of the EWC facilities including construction and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities: The overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Buildings and Grounds:
Improve the maintenance of buildings and grounds and keep them in excellent condition at all times
- Regularly advise the Outdoor Education Director on areas of weakness, cleanliness, hygiene, repair needs, safety and make proposals as appropriate
- Provide routine checks on all EWC equipment and ensure equipment is maintained in good and safe working condition at all times. Hands on skills and attitudes are required.
- Advise on purchases of new equipment.
- Prepare and obtain quotations for the maintenance works. Review them critically and in-depth and advise Outdoor Education Director as appropriate
- Anticipate and take actions in respect of abnormal occurrences as floods, storms, major electrical, plumbing or construction faults
Planning, Administration and Budgeting:
- Complete preventive maintenance programs
- Assist Outdoor Education Director in preparing budget requirement for the EWC including maintenance schedule
Lead, organize, supervise, nurture and evaluate the EWC staff.
- Lead, inspire and ensure optimal cooperation within the EWC team.
- Ensure a consistent and efficient working environment of the whole EWC staff
- Schedule and supervise work of staff, ensuring proper work routines are established and followed
- Monitor the attendance of staff, approve leave
- Evaluate performance of staff
- Promote and ensure high ethical values and transparency, honesty and integrity of the EWC staff at all times
Direct, coordinate and make periodic evaluations of the performance of the external contractors to ensure the best possible services are provided
- Liaise with catering contractors to ensure they have clear access and ability to carry out their duties
- Ensure the best possible services are provided in respect of fields maintenance, cleaning, plumbing, air-conditioning, mechanical and electrical, pest control and other services as required.
- Interview external contractors and propose changes to the Outdoor Education Director
Safety, Security and Energy Savings:
Ensures safety of all students, staff and guests at all times
- Liaise with the Security Staff regarding all of those aspects affecting safety and security
- Ensures all the building codes are in order (like fire escape, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, etc.)
- Ensures the building and grounds are adequately secured with lighting, fencing, CCTV and alarm systems
- Participates in Safety, Health and Energy savings meetings
- Monitor energy use and advises on energy saving measures
Any other duty assigned by the Outdoor Education Director from time to time
Basic requirements for the position:
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Thai
- Hands on skills and attitude
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to lead and inspire staff members
- Team oriented and service minded
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with community partners, suppliers, etc.
- Organized and able to multi-task.
- Confidence in decision-making and problem solving
- Proficient in the use of modern technology tools
- Five years or more experience in Facility Management
- High ethical and integrity values
Experience in the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Facility maintenance and operations
- Construction and project management
- A Degree in Facility Management, Business Administration, Engineering or related fields preferred
JOB TITLE: Grounds Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
DEPARTMENT: Buildings and Grounds
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 8 am. – 5 pm., Saturday 8 am. – 12.00 pm.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
Manage and oversee all landscape and sport grounds under general supervision of Facilities Manager. Supervise and evaluate school gardening staffs and contracting parties to ensure a clean, healthy, aesthetically pleasing and safety school grounds. Cooperate with the other staffs or other department for setting up of school activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine and extensive ground keeping and maintenance duties on all school’s grounds, sport fields, playgrounds, plants, trees, ponds and fountain
- Develop short-term and long-term care for all the plants and trees to maintain good condition of school grounds and environment
- Supervise and manage gardening team of 10-12 persons on daily job
- Develop training for gardeners to improve quality of work
- Supervise contracting parties for maintaining the sport grounds
- Look after school’s outdoor learning spaces and interact with teachers using those spaces.
- Look after systems associated with maintenance of landscape, sport grounds, playgrounds ponds and fountain.
- Provide support to decorate some indoor events with plants.
- Inventory of supplies and materials.
- Performs other outdoor maintenance tasks as assigned
- Knowledge of seasonal requirement of gardening operations and maintenance
- Ability to understand technical drawing
- Knowledge of method and technique of plant propagation
- Knowledge of pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and fungicides and their usage
- Knowledge of work safety of both equipment handling and hazardous or toxic materials handling
- Knowledge of the culture of garden and horticulture
- Cost estimation
- Computer literacy
- Leadership skill
- Organizational skill
- Interpersonal communication skill
- Teamwork and coordination skill
- EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in Horticulture, Landscape Architecture or related field
- EXPERIENCE: At least 5 year experience in landscaping and ground keeping
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: Healthy
- LANGUAGES: Thai and English