Thank you for your interest in working at International School Bangkok (ISB). Our mission to provide outstanding teaching in a nurturing environment means that, in addition to hiring outstanding educators, ISB is committed to student safeguarding. All applicants are required to provide accurate and detailed information about their employment history, including any aspects of their past or profile that could affect the reputation of ISB or the wellbeing of our community. ISB conducts background checks on all successful candidates.
International School Bangkok is Thailand’s premier International School serving over 1920 students from 60 countries in grades Pre-K to 12. We follow a North American style, standards-based curriculum enriched by international best practices with a student-centered approach to instruction. Students benefit from outstanding teachers, a challenging academic program, small class sizes, state-of-the-art technology and facilities, and a wide choice of extra-curricular activities. Teachers work collaboratively at all levels to continuously evaluate and improve student learning. Our international staff comes from over 20 countries.
Teaching or Administrative Positions
To apply for current teaching or administrative positions, click here.
Current Contractor Openings
We are currently seeking qualified, self-motivated Thai nationals for the vacancies below. Successful applicants must have the ability to work independently in a multicultural setting, with a good command of both spoken and written English.
If you would like to be considered for a staff position at our school please e-mail your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume and an application letter to the ISB Human Resources Office.
Human Resources Department
International School Bangkok
39/7 Soi Nichada Thani,
Samakee Road, Pakkret,
Current Classified Openings
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL BANGKOK
Position Title: MS Music Instructional Assistant
Job Level: Level – H
Location: Cultural Center
Working hours: 7:00-3:00 (M-F)
Immediate Supervisors: MS Performing and Visual Arts Team Leader & MS Principal
Scope of Service:
This position combines instructional assistant responsibilities for Band and Strings, along with clerical support for the Choir, Band and Strings programs at the Middle School.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
1. Thai national
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Music or Music Education
○ Alternatively: Bachelor’s Degree & Performance ability on a musical instrument – at least ABRSM level 8 or equivalent)
3. Woodwind, brass, percussion, or strings specialist
4. Fluent in both Thai and English (spoken and written)
5. Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, graphic design basics, etc)
6. Organizational skills
7. Collaborative, honest, reliable, and caring with students and colleagues
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide instructional assistance for the MS Band and Strings programs (on average 2 or 3 80-minute classes in a day).
2. Attend and assist music related events (3 end of semester music concerts each semester).
3. Help prepare and distribute classroom materials, such as handouts, books, and photocopied documents.
4. Help with facility booking and/or concert planning.
5. Help maintain MS music libraries’ physical organization and database.
6. Help maintain and operate music software (Sibelius, SmartMusic, and Finale).
7. Help with clerical duties when clearly needed, such as:
● Prepare programs/presentations for concerts
● Prepare bulletin boards
● Obtain supplies from the bookstore
● Coordinate uniform distribution and organization
● Laminate music room displays
8. Other duties as assigned by supervisor
9. Comply with ISB policies, procedures and guidelines for professional conduct, including the Student Safeguarding policy and procedures and ISB Code of Conduct and the ISB Confidentiality Policy.
*MS music faculty will monitor their requests, to ensure that the assistant’s workload is reasonable.
Contract and Continuing Education:
1. Same calendar as teaching faculty, as well as following Thai classified staff holidays including Professional Days, plus 10 days before teacher’s reporting day in semester 1.
2. Professional development related to music, education, and/or relevant technology.
Job Title : Intensive Learning Needs Instructional Assistant ( Level – H )
Department : Elementary School
Report To : Teacher
Working Hours : Monday – Friday ( 7.00 – 3.00 )
1. Under the direction of the Intensive Learning Needs teacher, assist in the creation of a safe, inclusive and nurturing learning environment for all students.
2. Facilitate independence and appropriate participation of a student with learning needs in the school setting.
3. Implement learning opportunities aligned with Individualized Education Plan goals under the direction of the Intensive Learning Needs teacher.
4. Implement positive behavioral support plans where appropriate under the direction of the Intensive Learning Needs teacher.
5. Assist in the maintaining progress notes and collecting data on progress towards goals.
6. Collaborate with team members including the case manager, the teacher(s), and ISB Learning Support professionals on student needs
7. Assist with daily living skills such as eating and toileting as needed.
8. Assist in the creation and preparation of learning activities or modification of classroom activities as directed by the Intensive Learning Needs teacher.
9. Seek professional growth through reading, in-service learning opportunities, and seeking consultation from support team members when needed.
10. Attend and participates in required meetings.
11. Performs such other appropriate and position-related duties and assumes such other responsibilities as the teacher, case manager or Director of Student Services may assign.
12. Comply with ISB policies, procedures and guidelines for professional conduct, including the Student Safeguarding policy and procedures and ISB Code of Conduct and the ISB Confidentiality Policy.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
2. Qualifications and experience working with students with special needs desired
3. Excellent English skills
4. Effective communicator
5. Collaborative team member
6. Flexible and adaptable
7. Able to work proactively with initiative and innovation
8. Computer literate
9. Committed to own learning
10. Cultural sensitivity
11. Ethical and professional
Job Title: Technical Operation Manager
Department: Buildings & Grounds
Reports To: Facilities Manager (FM)
Placement: Level – J
Scope of Service:
With the ultimate goal to keep the school functioning effectively on a day-to-day basis, to provide a safe, efficient, comfortable and aesthetically pleasing working environment for students, staff and community, the Technical Operation Manager is responsible for the management, operation, maintenance and administration of the school facilities including construction and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Regularly advice FM on areas of weakness, repair needs, safety and make proposal as appropriate.
• Provide routine checks on all school equipment and ensure school equipment is maintained in good and safe working condition at all times. Advise on purchases of new equipment.
• Assist FM in prepare, obtain and review quotations for the maintenance and renovation works.
• Anticipate and take actions in respect of abnormal occurrences as floods, storms, major electrical, plumbing or construction faults.
To lead, coach, organize, supervise, nurture and evaluate the maintenance teams (Carpenter, Electrical and Air-Conditioning Sections) of Buildings and Grounds Department (B&G).
• Lead, inspire and ensure optimal cooperation within B&G department.
• With the assistance of the team leaders ensure a consistent and efficient working environment of the whole maintenance team of B&G.
• Schedule and supervise work of staff, ensuring proper work routines are established and followed.
• Monitoring the attendance of staff, approves leaves and overtime.
• Evaluating performance of staff.
• Promote and ensure high ethical values and transparency, honesty and integrity of the whole department at all times.
To direct, coordinate and make periodic evaluations of the performance of the external service contractors to ensure the best possible services are provided.
• Ensure the best possible services are provided in respect of field maintenance, plumbing, air-conditioning, mechanical and electrical and other services as required.
• Interview external service contractors and propose changes to FM.
• Coordinate with the IT department (Ed Tech) the IT infrastructural needs and make sure they are carried out by the Ed Tech contractors with the applicable high standards.
Safety, Security and Energy Saving:
To ensure safety of all students, staffs and guests at all times.
• Liaise with Security Manager regarding all of those aspects affecting safety and security.
• Together with the Security Manager, ensure all the building codes are in order (such as fire escape, fire extinguishers, smoke detector, etc.).
• Together with Security Manager, ensures the buildings and grounds are adequately secured with lighting, fencing, CCTV and alarm systems.
• Participates in Safety, Health and Energy saving meeting.
• Monitor energy use and advises on energy saving measures.
Any other duty assigned by the Facilities Manager from time to time.
• Male or female age between 35-45 years of age.
• Good command of spoken and written Thai and English.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical engineering or Mechanical engineering (Air conditioning) .
• At least 10 years work experience in building and construction or related field.
• Experience in Building Management in a multi-national environment is beneficial.
• Good team player.
• Service minded.