At ISB, we believe that families should have access to an education that meets the needs of all of their children. As an inclusive school, ISB is committed to successfully serving a managed number of students representing the full range of learning differences; mild, moderate, intensive and the exceptionally able.
The Intensive Learning Needs program at ISB is unlike any other program in Bangkok. It offers children with special needs, diagnosed developmental or intellectual disability (e.g. Global Developmental Delay, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down’s Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy) the opportunity to learn with a highly trained special education teacher within the vibrant international school setting of ISB. They receive a highly individualized curriculum focusing on functional academics and life skills and are also integrated with typically developing peers to the maximum extent appropriate. It is a leading model of inclusion, which serves these learners in the best way possible.
Enrollment for 2017-2018 is now open for prospective students aged PreK-Grade 5.
Our approach ensures that students receive highly individualized instruction to address their unique learning and developmental needs AND are full and valued members of our community.
- Highly qualified on-site multidisciplinary team: special education teacher, speech-language pathologist, occupational therapist, school psychologist and counselor
- Low Student to Teacher ratio: Minimum 2 adults to 4-6 students
- Individualized Education: Student’s Individualized Education Plans will be carefully crafted around their individual needs to ensure the best mix of individualized instruction in academic, life and social skills, language and occupational therapy, and integration into learning opportunities with typically developing peers.
- Speech and Occupational Therapy by trained and experienced therapists
- Purpose built classroom: Kitchen and recreational area, fully accessible bathroom and shower, sensory/occupational therapy space
- Outstanding Facilities: As members of our ISB community, our students will have access to our beautiful campus and extensive facilities
Download our brochure for more information.