The Bangkok Baseball and Softball Association (BBSA) Board of Directors has mandated the following Code of Conduct. All coaches and managers will read this Code of Conduct and sign in the space provided below, acknowledging that he or she understands and agrees to comply with the Code of Conduct. Submit only the original signature sheets to your League Director prior to first game of season.
BBSA Code of Conduct:
No board member, manager, coach, player or spectator shall, at any time:
- Lay a hand upon, push, shove, strike, or threaten to strike an official.
- Be guilty of heaping personal verbal or physical abuse upon any official for any real or imaginary belief of a wrong decision or judgment.
- Be guilty of an objectionable demonstration of dissent at an official’s decision by throwing of gloves, helmets, hats, bats, balls, or any other forceful unsportsman – like action.
- Be guilty of using unnecessarily rough tactics in the play of a game against the body of an opposing player.
- Be guilty of a physical attack upon any board member, official, manager, coach, player or spectator.
- Be guilty of publicly discussing with spectators in a derogatory or abusive manner any play, decision or a personal opinion on any players during the game.
- Be guilty of the use of profane, obscene or vulgar language in any manner at any time.
- Speak disrespectfully to any manager, coach, official or representative of the league.
- Challenge an umpire’s authority. The umpires shall have the authority and discretion to penalize the offender according to the infraction up to and including expulsion from the game.
The Board of Directors will review all infractions of the Code of Conduct. Depending on the seriousness or frequency, the board may assess additional disciplinary action up to and including expulsion from the BBSA