WELCOME to ISB’s New Family Portal
Greetings from the Office of Admissions!
On behalf of the faculty, staff, and administration, congratulations on your child’s admission. We are thrilled your family is joining our vibrant school community – it’s where you belong!
We hope this page can help you feel informed and assured about the many important details before the start of school for your child. We have outlined everything that you need to know and need to do to be ready before that first day.
You are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +66 2963 5808 if you have questions.
We anticipate your arrival with pleasure and look forward to seeing you soon.
John, Rosalind, David, Sun, Tang, Natty
So let’s get started!
We divided the portal into sections. Please click to access a section of interest or start scrolling to learn about your family’s transition to ISB.
Here’s what needs to be completed before the first day.
A. Submission of pending documents requested by the Admissions Office. If unsure if you need to submit further documents, please check the OpenApply checklist. If you have questions about pending checklist items, you are welcome to send us a message and we are happy to help.
B. Medical Forms are necessary on or before your child’s first day and require approval by the Nurse before your child can begin attending classes. For many families, this is one of the last forms to submit on their child’s behalf so if you have not sent us these forms, please do not worry.
– In advance, please share serious medical concerns about your child, such as anaphylaxis, epilepsy, poorly controlled asthma, and insulin-dependent diabetes with the nurses directly at email@example.com. The medical form should communicate this information about your child, signed by the doctor. The information on the application is not transferred to the school nurses. Note: Only the medical form with the doctor’s signature is the form followed by the school.
C. Submit copies of the family’s visas stamped in the passports or proof of Thai nationality.
D. Local Contact Information – This is required before your child’s first day of school. This is important for us to have in the event of an emergency. We understand you may not know this information prior to your arrival and much like the medical forms, this is usually one of the final submissions. It is important to keep in mind that we will need local phone numbers for all parents/guardians and also at least one local emergency contact. Please visit your child’s OpenApply checklist to complete this form.
If you are either living in Bangkok or arriving before the start of the semester, you are welcome to visit the campus. Please make an appointment with our office before you visit. We will use this opportunity to complete any remaining steps in the enrollment process, give your family a tour of the campus, help you purchase school uniforms and supplies, obtain ID cards, and of course, answer any final questions you may have.
This is what you need to know about your child’s first day & Orientation.
Below you can find Divisional Information for Monday, January 10th, the first day of Semester 2.
The Elementary School (ES) orientation will be divided into two sessions. Please click for more details about the sessions and dates to keep in mind. Please click the link for a recording of the December 16th Orientation Session.
Students who are entering Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten in the Early Childhood Center in the ES will have a brief orientation session with the counselor as well as a time to meet their teacher before the first day of school. Pre-Kindergarten 1 students will have a planned start to their ISB journey and what this will look like will be communicated in detail to parents during your meeting with the teacher.
Please view the welcome letter from the counselors to learn more.
On the first day of school on campus, all ES students will need a backpack, water bottle, hat, and the correct ISB uniform (Polo or PE). The counselors will make sure to inform you about which uniform your child should wear on their first day. Your child will be picked up by their counselor or teacher at the turnstiles at the ES entrance and be introduced to a student buddy or two during the morning.
The Middle School (MS) families will have orientation in the morning on the first day of school, January 10th. Please click to view the student and parent orientation schedule. This orientation is for both the students and their parents. For students starting later in the school year, orientation will be conducted with the counselor in a 1:1 appointment.
The High School (HS) families will have orientation in the morning on the first day of school, January 10th. Please click to view the student and parent orientation schedule. In addition, all the new Grade 10-12 students are required to have had their official transcript submitted by their former school or they are to hand-deliver it on this day with the former school’s official’s signature on the back flap of a sealed envelope. For those starting later in the school year, orientation will be conducted with the counselor in a 1:1 appointment.
Please note that orientation plans may change depending on the situation in Thailand regarding COVID-19.
PTA Welcome Wai event
Welcome Wai is a PTA committee made up of parents who welcome all new families to the ISB community. A virtual Welcome Wai event for new families that have joined ISB this academic year is being planned for early in Semester 2. Stay tuned for more information!
School Campus Key Safety Measures
Please find our key safety measures below:
- All those on campus must wear masks.
- Social distancing of 1-2 meters must be adhered to.
- Hand washing (with soap and water or gel) must take place frequently – before entering each learning spaces or when learning activities change.
- Parents must check temperatures before sending children to school. Temperatures will also be taken before boarding Montri buses and before entering campus. Anyone with a temperature of 37.5 degrees or above may not enter the campus
- Only students, staff, and those with appointments may enter the ISB campus. We will welcome parents back on campus as soon as possible.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection will take place.
- Students and adults who are unwell should stay home.
- Turnstiles are installed at all entrances and these check IDs, the completion of the self-declaration form, temperatures, and mask-wearing at the same time.
- Hand gel dispensers are installed outside all learning spaces.
- Foot sanitizing pads are placed at each entrance.
- Acrylic screens are placed on tables in the cafeterias.
- Additional handwashing stations are installed by the playgrounds.
- Sensors are placed on water fountains and soap dispensers.
- A tent is installed on the Chevron Parking lot with more seating to allow for social distancing during lunch.
- A positive pressure air filtration system and new (quieter) air conditioning are now installed in all of our learning spaces.
School calendar and starting times
Have a look at the School Year Calendar to get an idea of what will be going on throughout the year and to help plan your family’s holidays.
Here are also the school day starting and ending times for each division. Note: Supervision for ES students is provided from 7:00am. ES students are to arrive at or after this time. Grade 11 & 12 students who have a Higher Level IB Diploma class as first on their schedule on a particular day, will start at 7:20am that day.
|Uniforms and Supplies|
The uniform consists of a polo shirt with the school emblem with a choice of khaki or black shorts, pants, or a skirt. Each school division has a different uniform color (ES, MS, HS) but all students have the choice of wearing the school’s white polo shirt. Students are allowed to wear their own bottoms as long as the items are plain khaki or black and free of branding or labels. ISB uniforms can be purchased on campus year-round at the Book Store from 7:30am-2pm. This year, we have also made uniform purchases available online.
Physical Education (PE) uniforms consist of a white or yellow top with black shorts. These are required at all grade levels. Students are also expected to have appropriate footwear for PE.
ES students wear PE uniforms to school on the day they have PE classes. MS and HS students must change into their PE uniforms before their PE classes.
For school supplies, we advise you to wait before purchasing any items prior to your arrival.
Transportation to and from school
Half of the student population resides in the Nichada Thani housing estate which is where ISB is located. Many of these students have the wonderful option to come to school on foot, on their bicycles, or be driven to school in a family golf cart or car. This short commute to school is very safe for children to complete on their own as the roads in Nichada Thani are monitored by guards at all times. Please note that helmets are required for all students, parents, and ISB employees who wish to ride their bicycles onto campus.
For Elementary School Families
Morning Drop Off:
- Supervision is available on campus beginning at 7:00am until 7:35am.
- Please drop off students outside of the ES main entrance (Grades 1-5) or at the Early Childhood entrance (Pre-K to KG).
- As students enter the turnstiles area, administrators, teachers and IAs will be present to greet students and direct them to their learning spaces.
- Pre-K dismissal is at 1:10pm.
- KG-Grade 5 dismissal begins at 2:20pm.
- Parent pick up:
- Pre-K: Parents of Pre-K1 and Pre-K2 students may enter the early childhood playground for pick up.
- KG: Students will be in the early childhood playground waiting for pick up. There will be a covered waiting area for parents/mae bahns to wait outside the early childhood entrance. The teacher or IA will bring the children to the parent/guardian (students will pass through the turnstiles to be picked up).
- G1-G5: Students will pass through the turnstiles then meet parents/guardians along the front of the school next to the first letter of their last name.
- Walkers and bikers will be dismissed first, followed by bus-riding students, and then those receiving a car pick-up. In order to reduce congestion, we encourage students who live in Nichada to walk or bike.
- Students who take buses will be guided to their buses.
For Middle School Families
- MS students may only enter through the entrances next to the Business Office, Chevron, Sarawanville entrance, or through the Sports Complex gate. ID Cards are required.
- Before classes start, MS students are able to wait in the cafeteria and must maintain a physical distance of 1-2 meters. Seating is prepared for this.
- At dismissal time, students will exit campus by the Business Office or Chevron. Students must maintain 1-2 m physical distance as they move through the halls and exit campus.
- All MS students must proceed immediately to their bus, vehicle, bicycle, or to the walking gate and exit campus unless involved in an afterschool activity or club, in which case students need to move directly to their activity or wait in the cafeteria until the activity starts.
- If MS students are being collected by a parent or guardian, then the adult must wait at the front of the school next to the corresponding first letter of their last name.
For High School Families
- HS students may only enter through the entrances next to the Business Office and Chevron, Sarawanville entrance, or through the Sports Complex gate. ID Cards will be required.
- Before classes start, HS students are able to go to the outdoor tent in the Chevron parking lot or the Library and must maintain a physical distance of 1-2 meters.
- At dismissal time, students will exit campus by the Business Office or Chevron. Students must maintain 1-2 m physical distance as they move through the halls and exit campus.
- All students must proceed immediately to their bus, vehicle, bicycle, or to the walking gate and make their way home unless involved in an afterschool activity or club, in which case students need to make their way to their activity.
- If HS students are being collected by a parent, then they can wait at the front of the school next to the first letter of their last name.
Buses at ISB
For families living outside of Nichada Thani: ISB utilizes Montri Bus Company. Students are picked up from their residences each morning and are offered departure times from school in the afternoon which accommodate the school-sponsored after-school activities and sports programs. Not sure where to live downtown? Take a look at our map to see where the buses pick up and drop off the students. It is important to note that the bus schedule does not accommodate the schedules of all of the community activities.
Each bus has a Montri employee that acts as the bus monitor with all buses having communication systems that allow Montri personnel to keep in direct contact with the school. You can sign your child up for the bus services by completing the School Bus Services Registration Form.
Buses will leave ISB at the following times. Please note that the second and third buses are not door-to-door services and that these times may change in the future.
1:20pm for Pre-Kindergarten 1 & Pre-Kindergarten 2
2:35pm for Kindergarten to Grade 5
3:00pm for Middle School and High School
Second buses – these buses leave after extra-curricular activities
4:00pm for Elementary School
4:10pm for Middle School & High School
5:10pm for Middle School & High School students only; Tuesday departure at 5:20pm, Friday departure at 4:50pm)
Please contact Montri Transport for the nearest drop-off point to your home.
Activities at ISB
With all the activities on offer at ISB, your children will be able to make the campus their second home. Whether it’s sports, arts, community service, there’s something for everyone. You can review the activities available at ISB by visiting the Student Life page and there’s even more on the ISB Athletics and the Community Activities pages. There truly is something for everyone, even the parents who can join the Adult Education classes or help run/organize activities for children.
Learn about ISB’s Divisions & Student Handbooks
Please click the links to learn more about our Early Childhood Center, Elementary School, Middle School, and High School. You will be able to find information about the schedules, curriculum, programs, and what awaits your child at ISB. In addition, we advise you to click on the links below to review the divisional handbooks to learn more about school expectations and further general information about each division.
Learning Resources, Reading Lists, and Resources for English as an Additional Language (EAL) Students
We are happy to share with you our suggestions for some learning before your children join us at ISB. Please visit our Learning Resources page to discover internal and external resources for your children to For, reading lists, please visit ES Hub page to discover books for your ES child or share our library page with your MS and/or HS child(ren) for a wealth of resources for how to find and choose their next books. For the students who are going to be part of our EAL (English as an Additional Language) program, we encourage them to visit our EAL Resources page. They will find links to resources that will help them develop and practice their English language abilities. We recommend that you share these with your child(ren) and encourage them to practice a few times a week between now and their first day of school. With regular practice, your child(ren) will be able to have a good and strong start at ISB both socially and academically.
Connect with a current ISB family & Student Ambassadors
As a new family to our community, if you would like to get in touch with an ISB parent, or someone from your home country in our community, please contact our Welcome Wai parent group at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great platform to ask your questions and learn from those who have already done it about anything and everything to do with moving to and setting yourselves up in Bangkok. If you wish to get in touch with our PTA, we are happy to share with you the PTA Board Members contact details for the 2020/21 academic year.
For new students who would like to get in touch with our current students, please read the steps below:
- Elementary School Students – Your child will be assigned a classroom buddy on the first day of school.
- Middle School Students – Our Student Ambassadors will get in touch with you during the summer and they will be your child’s go-to person at the start of the year. They will help your child get around the campus, introduce them to new friends, and share their experiences with your child.
- High School Students – If your child hasn’t done so already, please ask them to complete this form and one of our Student Ambassadors will reach out to them. They will be able to keep in touch over the summer and the Ambassadors are happy to answer all the questions your child may have about ISB and living in Bangkok.
Final bits and pieces to think about.
Transcripts: Students entering grades 10-12 must have an official transcript(s) from their previous high school(s) for ISB transfer credit, graduation requirements, and future university applications. To do this, parents must request the previous high school(s) to send the official transcript(s) by email to email@example.com. If electronic delivery is not possible, the school must send the transcript(s) via post or give a copy to the parents to hand-deliver to ISB. If hand-delivering, the transcript(s) must be in a signed and sealed envelope. Please arrange to obtain the signed and sealed transcript(s) prior to your child(ren)’s last day of school and do not open it. The transcript(s) can only be accepted and used by ISB if received in a signed and sealed envelope. If it will be sent by post, please ensure the envelope is addressed to the address below:
Registrar, High School Counseling Office
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL BANGKOK
39/7 Soi Nichada Thani, Samakee Road,
Amphur Pakkret, Nonthaburi 11120 Thailand
That’s it from us but if you have any other questions or if we can be of any help at all, please feel free to get in touch.
We can’t wait to see you soon!