WELCOME to ISB’s New Family Portal
Warm tropical greetings from the Office of Admissions.
On behalf of the faculty, staff, and administration, congratulations on your child’s admission. We are thrilled your family is joining our vibrant school community – it’s where you belong!
We hope this page can help you feel informed and assured about the many important details before the start of school for your child. There may still be some steps remaining and we have outlined everything that you need to know and need to do to be ready before that first day.
You are always welcome to contact us at email@example.com at any time if you have any questions.
We anticipate your arrival with pleasure and look forward to seeing you soon.
With our best regards,
John, Rosalind, David, Natty, Sun, Tang, Bew
So let’s get started!
We have divided the portal into the sections below. Please click to access your section of interest or just start scrolling down to learn all about your family’s transition to ISB.
Here’s what needs to be completed before the first day.
1. Submission of any pending documents as directed by the Admissions Office. If you are not sure if you need to submit any further documents, please check your child’s checklist in OpenApply.
2. ISB Medical Forms must be submitted and must be approved by the Nurse before your child can start attending classes on campus. These records must be submitted within the 6 months prior to enrollment. For many families, this is one of the last forms they submit on their child’s behalf so if you have not yet sent us these forms, please do not worry. There are numerous hospitals in Bangkok where the required tests can be completed. In the event that approval is not granted, we will be in touch with you directly with what needs to happen.
– Please share any serious medical concerns about your child, such as anaphylaxis, epilepsy, poorly controlled asthma, and insulin-dependent diabetes with the nurses directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. The form and your email should communicate this information about your child even if you shared it on the application. The information on the application is not transferred to the school nurses. The medical form with the doctor’s signature is the form that is followed by the school.
3. Submit copies of the family’s visas stamped in the passports or proof of Thai nationality.
4. Local contact information is required before your child’s first day. This is important for us to have in the event of an emergency. We understand you may not know this information prior to your arrival and much like the medical forms, this is usually one of the final submissions. It is important to keep in mind that we will need local phone numbers for all parents and also at least one local emergency contact. This information can be provided in OpenApply on the Contact Information Form which is on your family’s checklist.
This is what you need to know about your child’s first day & Orientation.
Below you can find Divisional Information for Orientation and the first day of Semester 1. If your family cannot attend an orientation session, please let us know. For any families who have not yet arrived in Thailand, orientation will be conducted with your child’s counselor in a 1:1 appointment
The Elementary School (ES) orientation will take place on August 11th. Please click to see more details and the schedule. On the first day back on campus, all ES students will need a backpack, water bottle, hat, and the correct ISB uniform (Polo or PE). Our team will show you where to drop your child off and where to collect them if they are not taking the bus when you visit the campus.
Students who are entering Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten in the Early Childhood Center will have differing first days of school. Your child’s counselor will arrange a meeting with their teacher to learn about and prepare for the first day. Pre-Kindergarten 1 students will have a carefully staggered start while Students in Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten 2 will follow the rest of the Elementary School.
The Middle School (MS) orientation will take place on August 11th. There are two separate orientations for the MS. One is for all Grade 6 families, new and rising, and another is for new Grade 7 and Grade 8 students. The MS and also the HS orientation have separate sessions for students and parents with students getting a chance to meet other students and learn about our platforms while parents are introduced to our portals and the admin team.
The High School (HS) orientation will take place on August 11th. Please click to see more details and the schedule. The MS and HS orientations have separate sessions for students and parents. Students have a chance to meet other students and learn about our platforms while parents are introduced to our portals and the admin team. All the new Grade 10-12 students are required to have had their official transcript submitted by their former school or they are to hand-deliver it on this day with the former school’s official’s signature on the back flap of a sealed envelope.
School Campus Key Safety Measures
Our current safety measures are outlined below.
- All families must complete a self-declaration confirming that no household member has traveled outside of Thailand in the last 14 days or come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- All those on campus must wear masks.
- Social distancing of 1-2 meters must be adhered to.
- Hand washing (with soap and water or gel) must take place frequently – before entering each classroom or when learning activities change.
- Parents must check temperatures before sending children to school. Temperatures will also be taken before boarding Montri buses and before entering campus. Anyone with a temperature of 37.5 degrees or above may not enter the campus
- Only students, staff, and those with appointments may currently enter the ISB campus.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection will take place.
- Students and adults who are unwell should stay home.
Preparations on Campus
In terms of facility preparations we have implemented the following:
- All turnstiles at school entrances check IDs, the completion of the self-declaration form, temperatures, and mask-wearing at the same time.
- Hand gel dispensers are installed outside all classrooms.
- Foot sanitizing is placed at each entrance.
- Acrylic screens are placed on tables in the cafeterias.
- Additional handwashing stations are installed by the playgrounds.
- Sensors are placed on water fountains and soap dispensers.
- A tent has been installed on the Chevron Parking lot with more seating to allow for social distancing during lunch.
We also have regular updates from the school Admin Team on this page where we share important information about how the school is handling the effects of COVID-19, please view this page regularly.
School calendar and starting times
Have a look at the School Year Calendar to see what will be going on throughout the year and to help plan your family’s holidays. Here are also the school day starting and ending times for each division. Please note that while in virtual school, these hours may change. Note: supervision for ES students is provided starting at 7:00. ES students are to arrive at or after this time. School ends at 1:10pm on early-dismissal days.
– Pre-Kindergarten 1 & 2 – from 7:40am until 1:10pm
– Kindergarten – Grade 5 – from 7:35am until 2:20pm
Middle School – from 7:20am until 2:25pm
High School – from 7:50am until 2:40pm
– For IB DP students only, if your first class of the day is a Higher Level class, it will start at 7:20am.
|Uniforms and Supplies|
The uniform consists of a polo shirt with the school emblem with a choice of khaki or black shorts, pants, skirt, or skorts. Each school division has a different uniform color (ES, MS, HS) but all students have the choice of wearing the school’s white polo shirt. Students are allowed to wear their own bottoms as long as the items are plain khaki or black and free of branding and/or labels. ISB uniforms can be purchased on campus year-round at the Book Store from 7:30am-2pm. We have also made uniform purchases available online. Please click here to learn how to make your online uniform order.
Physical Education (PE) uniforms are unisex and consist of a white or yellow top with black shorts. These are required at all grade levels. Students are also expected to have appropriate footwear for PE.
ES students wear PE uniforms to school on the day they have PE classes. MS and HS students must change into their PE uniforms and back into their polos for their next class.
For school supplies, we advise you to wait before purchasing any items prior to your arrival but your children are welcome to bring their own. Please note however that:
Transportation to and from school
Half of the student population resides in the Nichada Thani housing estate which is where ISB is located. Many of these students have the wonderful option to come to school on foot, on their bicycles, or be driven to school in a family golf cart or car. This short commute to school is very safe for children to complete on their own as the roads in Nichada Thani are monitored by guards at all times. Please note that helmets are required for all students, parents, and ISB employees who wish to ride their bicycles onto campus.
If you are using your family car to send your child to school, please obtain a car sticker by completing this application form. You will be contacted to pick up the sticker(s), once they are ready. Usually after 2-3 school days. Please feel free to check the progress of your vehicle sticker by contacting Khun Wan at email@example.com or 02 9635 800 Ext. 7737.
For families living outside of Nichada Thani: ISB utilizes Montri Bus Company. Students are picked up from their residences each morning and are offered departure times from school in the afternoon which accommodate the school-sponsored after-school activities and sports programs. Not sure where to live downtown? Take a look at our map to see where the buses pick up and drop off the students. It is important to note that the bus schedule does not accommodate the schedules of all of the community activities.
Each bus has a Montri employee that acts as the bus monitor with all buses having communication systems that allow Montri personnel to keep in direct contact with the school. You can sign your child up for the bus services by completing the School Bus Services Registration Form on your child’s checklist.
Buses will leave ISB at the following times. Please note that the second and third buses are not door-to-door services and that these times may change in the future.
1:10pm for Pre-Kindergarten 1 & Pre-Kindergarten 2
2:40pm for Kindergarten to Grade 5
3:00pm for Middle School and High School
Second buses – these buses leave after extra-curricular activities
4:00pm for Elementary School – these buses will start service after August 24th
4:10pm for Middle School & High School
5:10pm for Middle School & High School students only; Tuesday departure at 5:20pm, Friday departure at 4:50pm)
Please contact Montri Transport for the nearest drop-off point to your home.
Montri Customer Service:
Activities at ISB
With all the activities on offer at ISB, your child will be able to make the campus their second home. Whether it’s sports, arts, community service, we are certain your child will find passions to follow here. You can review the activities available at ISB by visiting the Student Life page and there’s even more on the ISB Athletics and the Community Activities pages. There is something for everyone, even the parents, who can join the Adult Education classes or help run/organize activities for children. If you have any questions about activities, please contact the Panther Activities Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about ISB’s Divisions & Student Handbooks
Please click the links to learn more about our Early Childhood Center, Elementary School, Middle School, and High School. You will be able to find information about the schedules, curriculum, programs, and what awaits your child at ISB. In addition, we advise you to click on the links below to review the divisional handbooks to learn more about school expectations and further general information about each division. Handbooks for the 2022-23 academic year will be made available here over the summer.
Summer Learning Resources, Reading Lists, and Resources for English as an Additional Language (EAL) Students
We are happy to share with you our suggestions for some summer break learning. Please visit our Summer Learning Resources page to discover internal and external resources for your children to For, reading lists, please visit ES Hub page to discover books for your ES child or share our Main Library’s page with your MS and/or HS child(ren) for a wealth of resources for how to find and choose their next books. We will soon have a list ready for the ES students as well. For the students who are going to be part of our EAL (English as an Additional Language) program, we encourage them to visit our EAL Resources page. They will find links to resources that will help them develop and practice their English language abilities. We recommend that you share these with your child(ren) and encourage them to practice a few times a week between now and their first day of school. With regular practice, your child(ren) will be able to have a good and strong start at ISB both socially and academically.
Connect with a current ISB family & Student Ambassadors
As a new family to our community, if you would like to get in touch with an ISB parent, or someone from your home country in our community, please contact our Parents Teacher Association (PTA) at email@example.com. You can also contact community reps. Here, you can ask your questions and learn from those who have already done it. Ask about anything and everything to do with moving to and setting yourselves up in Bangkok. If you wish to get in touch with our PTA, please visit our list of PTA Board Members for their contact details.
For new students who would like to get in touch with our current students, please read the steps below:
- Elementary School Students – Your child will be assigned a classroom buddy on the first day of school.
- Middle School Students – Our Student Ambassadors will get in touch with your family during the summer and they will be your child’s go-to person at the start of the year. They will help your child get around the campus, introduce them to new friends, and share their experiences with your child.
- High School Students – If your child hasn’t done so already, please ask them to complete this form and one of our Student Ambassadors will reach out to them. They will be able to keep in touch over the summer and the Ambassadors are happy to answer all the questions your child may have about ISB and living in Bangkok.
Registrar, High School Counseling Office
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL BANGKOK
39/7 Soi Nichada Thani, Samakee Road,
Amphur Pakkret, Nonthaburi 11120 Thailand
That’s it from us but if you have any other questions or if we can be of any help at all, please feel free to get in touch.
We can’t wait to see you!