ISB Reopening Plan
The safety of our students, staff and community is our top priority and to this end ISB is ready for the safe reopening of campus.
Our Director of Risk Management, in conjunction with our Crisis Management Team, has implemented a comprehensive and detailed action plan for the safe reopening of campus. This plan has been reviewed by safety consultants at Control Risks (Singapore) and Clearpath Emergency Planning Management (USA), as well as the US Embassy’s RSO office.
As we prepare to open the campus to learning, we continue to be guided by two principles:
- The health and safety of students, staff and our community are paramount, and
- The educational and social emotional needs of students are best provided in a face to face environment on campus.
Please read and review the procedures in each section below.
All procedures below are focused on campus opening September 29th, based on current regulations and government recommendations.
ATK Testing Information and Parenting Tips
Please click here for a summary of ATK dates, user information and parenting tips. We have translated this into several languages too.
ATK Top Tips for Panther Parents
Our counsellor Kate Kersey met with Child Life Specialist Cheryl Lawrence to demonstrate some helpful ATK testing tips for our younger Panthers – and a few for the older Panthers too. Watch the video below.
Expectations for our Community Members
- Students must sanitize hands when entering the campus and wash their hands frequently while on campus, including before entering classrooms or other rooms.
- Students must adhere to a 1-2 meter physical distance requirement.
- Students are to bring to school only the minimum supplies and materials that are needed.
- Students must wear a mask at all times (except in very specific instances).
- Parents who need to drop off and pick up their children must arrive at the assigned start time and dismissal times for their children – it is very important to keep to these times to maintain physical distancing and avoid congestion.
- Parents should drop off and pick up their children in the front of school.
- Parents, with an appointment, which can be made here, should bring a copy of the email confirming the appointment and proceed to the guard desk next to the Business Office.
- Thai Chana registration is posted at entrances and exits.
- Parents must wear a mask at all times.
- Complete self declaration statement.
- Teachers/IAs shall remain home if unwell or have a fever.
- Teachers/IAs must sanitize hands when entering the campus and wash their hands frequently while on campus, including before entering classrooms or other rooms.
- Teachers/IAs must adhere to a 1-2m physical distance requirement when interacting with adults.
- Teachers/IAs will adhere to a 1-2m physical distance as much as possible when interacting with students.
- Supervise students to make sure physical distancing is adhered to along with hand washing and wearing masks.
- Wear a mask at all times (except in specific instances).
- Ensure that students disinfect their desk and chair before leaving each classroom (Middle and High School).
- Ensure that shared instructional materials are disinfected after each use.
- Complete self declaration statement.
- Staff shall remain home if unwell or have a fever.
- Staff must sanitize hands when entering the campus and wash their hands frequently while on campus, including before entering classrooms or other rooms.
- Staff must adhere to a 1-2m physical distance requirement.
- Wear a mask at all times.
Facilities Procedures and Preparations
- Upon the re-opening of the campus, all facilities and classrooms will be disinfected regularly by our Building and Grounds staff using their disinfection cleaning guidelines and disinfection concentration recommendation for infectious disease outbreaks.
- Cleaning staff will wipe and disinfect the following areas and surfaces throughout the day:
- Elevator buttons
- Bathrooms and sinks
- All cleaning staff will wear face masks and gloves during their normal working hours.
- Each individual classroom and all reception areas will have Liquid Hand Sanitizer available.
- In addition, cleaning protocols for classroom materials will be followed daily.
- Ensure that students disinfect their desk and chair before leaving each classroom.