It is always a good idea to carefully evaluate the sources of information that you follow. Please find below helpful and reliable links for the most recent information on the Coronavirus worldwide. All of the following sites update their information frequently.
- The World Health Organization’s page on the Coronavirus may be found here.
- The US Centers for Disease Control also offers straightforward, up-to-date information and may be reached at this link.
- A second link for the CDC that offers additional information on the coronavirus outbreak can be reached here.
- Travel Advisory information from the US Department of State will be found here.
Recommendations from International SOS include:
- To prevent any respiratory illness, pay attention to hygiene. Wash your hands frequently. Carry hand sanitiser for use when soap and water are not readily available. Avoid touching your face.
- Keep some distance from people who are obviously sick and avoid direct contact with them.
- Seek medical attention if you develop symptoms, especially fever or shortness of breath. Ensure you provide your travel history.
- Do not travel if you are sick – note that some locations have implemented screening, and travellers may face quarantine and testing.
Students, staff, and visitors may wear their own face masks and nurses can provide advice on correct use.
- Staying in regular contact with authorities and experts
- Reminding students and community of proper hygiene practices including hand washing and cough etiquette. Advice is reinforced with the use of posters displayed around campus and education from Health Centre nurses
- Requesting that parents and staff regularly take temperatures
- Providing additional hand sanitizing gel around campus
- Newly installed positive pressure air filtration systems provide fresh filtered air into classrooms
- We are prepared for early identification and, if necessary, temporary isolation of unwell students in the Health Centre